Sunday, June 5, 2011

Tuna Steak

This weekend went by so fast! I can't believe it's already over. It has been a busy weekend with big plans and not much actually getting done.

Yesterday was a laundry day for me. Our washing machine broke 3+ weeks ago and we immediately purchased another one from Lowe's. We cloth diaper so it's very important to have a washing machine. They ended up not coming for our set delivery time and then days later when we actually received the washing machine it was broken and flooded our basement. They finally came today (an hour later than the scheduled delivery time) and gave us a dented washing machine. That situation left me with 5 small loads and 2 large loads of laundry to wash and dry yesterday, so off to the laundromat I went! That whole experience was a workout! I didn't realize how much strength it takes to carry around all of those baskets full of clothes but it was really hard work. It was pretty awesome to see how much easier something simple like carrying a full laundry basket was for me after a month of working out.

Today Mac and I worked on getting the house clean, which was a huge chore but we got quite a bit done.

I decided to take the weekend off from working out since I haven't had a break in over 2 weeks. We did Ripped in 30 (one of Jillian's videos) on Friday and I must have worked out some new muscles because I've been really sore over the last two days. Tomorrow Sara and I will be running again to prepare for the 5k on Saturday. I can't believe it's less than a week away! I don't feel very prepared but I'm gaining more confidence each time we go running. I can do it! My only goal is to not walk, I hope I can do it!

In the "Food" area of my blogs I'll include any meals that I think are worth telling you guys about. Some of them will be simple and some will be more complicated. My hope with the food section is that I will give those of you, who have no idea how to change your diet, some ideas.

Food:

Ham and cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread (2 slices ham, one slice cheese), with romaine lettuce, pickles and a little margarine. On the side I had lowfat cottage cheese and pickles. It was a great, filling lunch. Calories= 413

Mediterranean Pizza was Saturday night's dinner and it was a blast to make. Whole wheat dough rolled out with tomatoes, spinach, fresh basil, olives, and feta made a great fresh-tasting pizza. This is one of the meals from Jillian Michael's meal plan that goes along with Ripped in 30 Days, which can be found here. It's one of the Vegan options and Mac and I both love meat so we decided that if/when we make this meal again we will probably throw on some Canadian bacon. This meal was 388.5 calories.

Tonight for dinner we had tuna steak. I didn't grow up eating fish so it's definitely not my comfort zone. I have never had tuna steak before but it's a healthy food suggestion so we decided to try it out. Mac bought pre-marinated tuna steak from Trader Joe's (if you haven't been there, go!) and we cooked it in a frying pan. We ate it with green beans on the side and a small (red) baked potato. I LOVE sour cream and recently discovered that Greek yogurt (as gross as it sounds) tastes really similar to sour cream, so I used that on my potato and it was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment