Friday, June 10, 2011

Breakfast

I just finished cooking and eating breakfast. I had 2 fried eggs (fried in a very small amount of olive oil), 2 pieces of toast with a very small amount of margarine on each piece, half cup of orange juice, and a banana. I'm full and feeling ready to go for the day!

My question to you, reader, is: Does eating (or not eating) breakfast affect how you feel during the day? Do you have any fun breakfast suggestions?

Personally, I can tell a huge difference in my day if I don't make time for breakfast. I am sluggish, tired, and unmotivated. I also seem happier when I eat breakfast because it just feels like the day was started off right. In an article by the Mayo Clinic here it talks about how breakfast keeps you from unhealthy snacking later in the day, fasting too long (by missing breakfast) can cause you to store fat and gain weight, people who tend to eat breakfast eat a healthier diet throughout the day because they start on the right track, and you have more energy if you eat breakfast, leading to more physical activity (which burns calories!).

FOOD:

- I usually eat the egg meal I ate today if I have time or a Kashi granola bar and a piece of fruit if I'm in a huge hurry. I eat a lot of hard boiled eggs at breakfast so I will boil about 10 of them at a time (Mac eats a lot of them too) and I will put them in their own egg carton marked "Hard Boiled" so that I can easily grab one for breakfast or a quick snack.

-Here are some links for fun, smart breakfast options! Please add your own in the comment section too.

* This page is titled "Smart Breakfast Ideas For Children", but I think anyone would enjoy these meals.

*This site talks about healthy living as a whole and if you scroll down it gives some good breakfast meal ideas.

*This is my favorite page so far because it has an easy to read lay out full of good meal options.

1 comment:

  1. Jessica from Facebook said: " One of my favorite things is French toast. Since I changed to eat healthy I make banana French toast where you blend a banana instead of the egg and mix with almond milk along with nutmeg. It's already sweet so no need for syrup. Tip: use harder bread so it's not so soggy. Also a great book if you want to eat healthier is "EAT TO LIVE" I would really recommend it!"

    ReplyDelete