Wednesday, June 22, 2011

People actually read this?

I keep having people mention my blog, or tell me that they have read it. That is so awesome! I honestly didn't think that anyone would take the time to read it so I'm glad that people are and hopefully they're getting some motivation.

This last week was pretty hard. Mac's work schedule changed to one where he's gone from the time we wake up until I'm putting Zoe to sleep. I'm used to getting his help at night when he gets home, so the result of this has been an extremely tired Nyki. I've worked out almost every day but there were a couple days where I felt too exhausted to do anything that day.

After my "tired week" I have two thoughts that I've been processing. The first thought is that I need to have grace for myself or this "healthier living" is going to be short lived. There will be days when, because of whatever circumstances, I am too exhausted to work out and that's OK. I cannot be perfect. As Jillian Michaels says in Ripped in 30, "Perfect sucks!", ha ha. My second thought was that although it's ok to take a break some time, I can't live in a world of excuses. Yes, sometimes it would be healthier to not work out and take a personal day, but you could probably come up with a reason to take a personal day every day. The fact of the matter is that life is generally pretty wearing. We live in a "busy" society. You don't just lose weight and become a healthy person without effort, so some days this looks like working out even when I'm exhausted.

Now I'm off to tell you about our new adventure called Ripped in 30...

1 comment:

  1. LOL I love how you quote Jillian in this. She's so annoying.

    ReplyDelete